Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Lately

I've been doing a bit of reading. Though, which I think is amusing, what I believe starts out as a bit of innocent science fiction here, or a bit of semi-autobiographal fun there, turn out inevitably to be about someone with a mental illness.

Which is almost amusing because at one point Ms. Plath mentions her protagonist can only seem to get through works on abnormal psychology.

But this isn't the same, it's just an amusing little tidbit. This week I consumed a collection of Gene Wolfe's short stories, (wherein The Death of Dr. Island provided that book's tale of mental illness), The Bell Jar by the aforementioned Ms. Plath (Though, in hindsight, she's really Mrs. Hughes), and An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison. Mind is something I've been recomending to friends recently.

The J-Bot lent me the Gene Wolfe collection and today loaned me a collection of works by Max Klinger, as well as a paper on Painting and Drawing by Mr. Klinger. Need moar knowledge. And poetry. Much more poetry. Anyone want to suggest poets? I need more of them.

No comments: